mak8946

Satellite L505D BIOS update - now it won't start

I know how to use computers, I know NOTHING about them.   My computer said I had updates from the toshiba scren (I forget what its called).   There were 2.  I did them both, I know the second was BIOS.

After my computer rebooted it won't turn on.   The fan starts up and the power light is on.  That's it.

Is it garbage now?  I've googeled this and am getting conflicting responses and very difficult solutions.   I'm not going to pay $390 to send it back (its out of warrenty) I don't think I paid that much for it new.

I'm sad, all my school bookmarks are on there and my kids pictures and videos.  I have back ups of most but its still a pain.  

HELP - what can I do?????  And why did it tell me to update - now I"mreading how bad it is and how much trouble it causes. 

jgamble66

Re: Satellite L505D BIOS update - now it won't start

My son had the same problem after the BIOS update today on his Satellite A505.

We thought the BIOS was corrupted.  He took the laptop battery out and let it sit for about an hour.  Then he put the battery back in and the laptop booted up.  Thankfully!

mak8946

dang - got my hopes up - didn't work.  Glad your son's did though!

LBeauchesne

Toshiba or Microsoft, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS.  My daughter's did the same thing.  Now the laptop is useless with a blue screen STOP: 0X000000A5 error message and a sentence saying "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.  Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS."  Every internet suggest I see says to "flash the BIOS" but if you cannot get passed this blue screen and you cannot select anything if you F12 at boot up, how can you fix this?????

Ed-
Occasional Contributor
Ed-

If you run the downloaded Toshiba BIOS file on another computer, you can select "CD-ROM Installation" instead of "Install from Windows."

Once this CD is created, insert in to your target PC and press F12 while the splash screen is displayed to go to the Boot Menu. Select ODD or CD-ROM and press Enter to boot from the CD and start the BIOS update.

You may want to go back to your original BIOS version if the computer was working fine before the update.

Hope this helps.

Ed