mtzilos

Satellite Hard Drive???

Hi, i have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5875 and my hard drive is dead, i have no clue what kind of hard drive it is, and i can't find any that fit in my laptop.

It says Toshiba Disk Drive MK2046GSX - HDD2D94 B UR01 S 200GB

S/N 68EKF27ES C72 EC.A

Does anybody know where i could buy another one of these drives? The Toshiba model i have doesn't even appear on the Toshiba website anymore, and all hard drives I've found have different ends on them that don't fit in my laptop.

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Re: Satellite Hard Drive???

mtzilos wrote:

Hi, i have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5875 and my hard drive is dead, i have no clue what kind of hard drive it is, and i can't find any that fit in my laptop.

Does anybody know where i could buy another one of these drives? The Toshiba model i have doesn't even appear on the Toshiba website anymore, and all hard drives I've found have different ends on them that don't fit in my laptop.

I have no idea where you've been looking, but ToshibaDirect has drives listed for your model.  Go here and enter your model:

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/agrp.jsp

Frequent Advisor
ChristopherC

Re: Satellite Hard Drive???

I found the L305-S5875 listed on this site HERE.  You dont' have to buy a Toshiba drive, you can use any SATA drive for laptops.  BestBuy stores carry Western Digital Blue Scorpio and Seagate Momentus drives up to 500GB this will work fine.