vlad28

Return to factory settings

Hi, I have a Toshiba P105-S9312 and would like to return it to factory settings, but the laptop didnt bring any recovery CDs although it does have a hidden partition, would that be the recovery data?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Return to factory settings

Satellite P105-S9312 

Order the recovery media from Toshiba by calling 800-457-7777. They will want the computer's serial number and a credit card number.

-Jerry
vlad28

So what's the hidden partition for then?

Frequent Advisor
lilmaqi

If you are certain that it has a recovery partition, turn it on while holding down the zero key. It should access that recovery partition.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

PD_DAWG

vlad you are going to have make your own recovery disk. It should be located in all programs Toshiba recovery disk creator. Open that program and make your system disk from there. The reason there is no OEM dosk provided with your PC is for many reasons. People like to install those OEM recovery on other PCs that is nto for that Brand, its a simple way of saving PC cost and time consuming for a order delivery, / and Its completely set for your PC as to what you need and no generic drives. I would suggest you to use the Create DvD options. Less disk(s) to make in that way. To restore the PC with those disk you should > after making them < reboot PC / at Toshiba load screen click F12 for boot menu and boot from Cd/Dvd. You will see a windows load screen then a gray screen asking you to choose a option for your type of recovery. I suggest using the Toshiba recovery options and use the Out-of-boot option when prompt for it.