ramosdelpalo9
Accepted Solution

P755-S5381 keyboard backlight settings

I would like to know how do I adjust settings for the keyboard backlight of my laptop. Like set how long it will be on, always on, turn off, etc.

Only thing that changes those settings is the TOSHIBA eco Utility. Would like to make it manual.

Thank you.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: P755-S5381 keyboard backlight settings

Go to Start/All Programs/Toshiba/Utilities/HWSetup. There should be an illumination tab there.  I'm not sure what kind of adjustments are available because I don't have it on any of my machines.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
ramosdelpalo9

I go to HWSetup, but there is no "Ilumination" tab.

| General | Password | Display | Boot Setting | Keyboard |

| USB | LAN | Button Setting | SATA |

Above are all tabs that appear.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

I just looked through your User's Guide (a copy of which is located on your Desktop) and it gives two ways to control Keyboard Backlight. FN+Z turns it on/off. The System Control Panel located above the Keyboard has a row of Media Control Buttons one of which is the Illumination on/off button that allows you to "set panel and keyboard backlight conditions".  See page 116 of your User's Guide.

While you are looking this up in the User's Guide might be a good time to read all the other very useful information you will find there.

The User's Guide is also located here:http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=313276...

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Randy110

Has anyone located the P755 keyboard illumination timer adjustment?  It isn't in the Toshiba Assist / Optimize / HW settings, nor in the User Guide.  The only reference found is how to turn the illumination on / off.

Thanks,

Randy

ramosdelpalo9

Thank you. Found it later after my last reply. I'll check out the User Guide then for other things.

ramosdelpalo9

To Randy:

The keyboard ilumination key is "FN" + "Z". There are only 3 options: Off, Timer (which have a default time, I guess cannot be changed) and On.

melander

Try going into the BIOS by tapping F2 upon startup.

Go to the Power Management Tab.

There will be a setting there for Keyboard Backlight Time.

Hope this helps!:smileyvery-happy:

6lumbar

You can also use eco mode which will turn it off.

P755-S5265 64-Bit

Dynadock U
Randy110

The BIOS setting is the ticket!!!  Thanks for the help.

Randy

fartnote

I have a Satellite P75with Windows 8.1. In the bios is a choice to (1) Turn illumination Off (2) Turn illumination On (all the time) or (3) adjust the length of timeillumination stays on.