Occasional Contributor
Prspaniard

P75-A7200 BIOS access

What's the deal with accessing the BIOS setup on the P75?  I have successfully used F12, but then I also have not been able to use F12.

The computer is off.  I hold F12 and press power , I then access the BIOS.  Another time this process does not work and I am presented with the Windows 8 screen waiting for logon.  Other F buttons do not seem to be an option.  I read where F2 works , not for me.

Anyone ... Thanks for any info ...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: P75-A7200 BIOS access

It works when Windows 8 is shut down completely, which is not what it normally does.

To do that, hold down the Shift key when you click/tap Shut down.

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
JeffInSeattle

Re: P75-A7200 BIOS access

I went through a little adventure recently, replacing the P75-A7200's hard drive with an SSD and putting a WD Black in the 2nd hard drive bay, and I was in the BIOS quite a bit. I usually shutdown via the win8 power option, then used the F2 key the *instant* the Toshiba logo appeared. That was most reliable for me.

If you don't want to pounce on F2 during the 1-second window, there is the shift-restart option as previously mentioned:

Charms Bar>Settings>Power>shift-Restart>Troubleshoot Tile>Advanced Options Tile>UEFI Firmware Settings Tile

*** My Toshiba: P75-A7200, 24GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 720GB HD, Win 8.1 ***