pmthompson70

P25-S507 upgrade to Windows 7 system requirements?

Is there any hope of getting this compatible with Windows 7. I know I can get to the RAM requirements but is everything else necessary upgradeable? I've already purchased a new laptop but would like to make use of this old one and get it up to speed with everything else in the house.

Thanks,

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: P25-S507 upgrade to Windows 7 system requirements?

You might be able to get Windows 7 running on it, but it won't run it very well.  NVidia will NOT be supporting the Go5200 graphics chipset used on that model under Windows 7 and you can NOT change the graphics chipset on that laptop.   That system will run MUCH better with Windows XP than it will with WIndows 7.  My advice is to stick with XP on it and have a fully functioning laptop that you can make use of instead of a half baked WIndows 7 install that will be problematic at best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

largan

Re: P25-S507 upgrade to Windows 7 system requirements?

Hey Everyone who has p25-s507,

I have managed to install everything with windows 7 and it warks like a charm.

Just install SP1 for windows 7 and ask me for my drivers`:smileyhappy:

Here is what is working:

- NVIDIA Go5200

- Atheros AR5001X

And everything else `:smileyhappy: