damslindistress

New L755-S5214..Mistake in password set up! Please HeLp!

I'm thinking there is an easy solution to this, at least I hope, but I just don't know what to do.

While setting up my new computer, I came to the point of setting the password to lock the system. I entered my desired password, entered it a second time to confirm, then it asked me to type a clue in case I forgot the password. I started typing the clue, but since I'm not used to the keyboard on this computer yet, I accidentally hit enter instead of the apostrophe key. The computer then immediately went into the admin lock mode and I needed to enter the password I just typed.  I did, and it tells me that I entered the wrong password. It is highly likely that I possibly typed it wrong since it was setting this up late at night and lights were off. I've tried every possible password that I could have entered even if it was mistyped.  HOW can I now get into my computer? I did create a back up on a jump drive BEFORE I did the password. I tried to use that to get in, but it tells me I need to original password in order to change it.   Need help ASAP please!!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: New L755-S5214..Mistake in password set up! Please HeLp!

Satellite L755-S5214

It's common to inadvertently have the Num Lock or the Caps Lock key one way or the other when the original was typed. Be sure to play with those.

Otherwise, reset the password this way.

Forgot your Windows admin password?

-Jerry
damslindistress

Thank you Jerry. I'm not much of a techie, so the link I went to that you provided looked great, but as I dug into it it was all way over my head...and quite frankly....terrifying! :smileysurprised:  I hate for someone to have to hold my hand, but can you tell me what to do in plain English? I don't know what it means to boot the computer from a CD or USB and how to do that. Sorry...another way around??

Thank you for your help!

Brenda

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Brenda, I suggest you tap one of the neighborhood teenagers to do it for you.

-Jerry