CJHund
Accepted Solution

Need to find SM Bus Controller driver for Satellite L455-S5009, Windows XP

Greetings,

I recently had to put a new hard drive in my Satellite L455-S5009 and I decided to install Windows XP SP3 instead of going back to Windows 7.  It took some time, but I finally found and installed the correct audio and video drivers.  The only thing I can't seem to find is teh "SM Bus Controller" driver for Windows XP for this laptop/chipset. 

Can someone point me to the correct download?  This is the only driver I've left to update.

Sincere thanks!

C.J.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Need to find SM Bus Controller driver for Satellite L455-S5009, Windows XP

[ Edited ]

Satellite L455-S5009 (PSLY0U-03S02P)

Get all your Windows XP drivers and utilities for that model from here. That's the European download site for the models in the equivalent part-number family (PSLY0E).

The missing-driver problem is fixed with this.

Intel Chip Set Utility for Windows XP, 9.0.0.1011,19/11/09

If you have difficulty with wireless or other things, it's because XP wants some things installed in order. So you may want to start over with a clean install of Windows. You should install the Intel chipset and display software prior to any other drivers.

-Jerry
CJHund

Re: Need to find SM Bus Controller driver for Satellite L455-S5009, Windows XP

Thank you very much, Jerry.  That's exactly what I needed!

sadascanbe

Need to find SM Bus Controller driver for Satellite c855d bt now running Win 7, pulled win 8 drive

My boss picked up a Sat c855d s5116, rather than spending 8 hrs loading all my company software, I swaped out the drive that has Win 7 with all my utilities.

i tried win 7 and win 8 driver downloads for network controller, sm bus controller,and usb 2. they start but stop partway through stating " your computer does not meet the minimum requirements.

toshiba anylizer does the same.

Now what???  need I revert the bios to a win 64 staillite config? if so, witch?      Ahhhhhhhh!!!

fyi lan work fine. typing on said sat. now.