caluch

Max Memory

Just a quick question. How can I find out the maximum RAM I can install on my machine? I have a Satellite L505 ES5018. It came with 3GB of RAM. I was told it was upgradeable to 8GB. I just wanted to be certain.

THX

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Max Memory

You look at the detailed specs for that model.  Go to the product support link at the top of this page, enter in the model number, then click on the detailed specs tab. 

8gigs is the max it can accommodate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

caluch

Thanks! I was given conflicting information and you cleared it up.

Have a good day!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

No problem.  It's all in knowing where to look.  The first place to check is the Product Support Link at the top of this page for your detailed system specs (or if it isn't a USA model the product support site for your country).  Next check Kingston and Crucial.  Between the three of them you should be able to find out all you need to know about the memory for a specific computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
funtony40

There is one other thing you should know You must have a 64 bit version of Windows to actually use all 8 gb of ram 32 bit systems can only go to 4 gb