xiccarph
Accepted Solution

M35X-S149 Disassembly instructions?

Hi, I need to disassemble this laptop to check for a possible cold solder joint on the motherboard power jack--power supply cords/connecters seem solid.  Is there a step-by-step disassembly guide somewhere I can refer to?  Can't locate one on the Toshiba site (why?).

I have all the screws out of the black case, all the removable peripherals removed (batt, CD, HDD, etc) but something is holding it together yet around the keypad area..I don't dare pry more until I know what is still holding it together...anyone know the "secret" to getting this thing apart?

Thanks! -Mike

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: M35X-S149 Disassembly instructions?

Toshiba doesn't supply them to the general public.  Try http://www.irisvista.com/tech/ to see what you can find out from what they have available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

xiccarph

Thank you cee_64!!  That is exactly what I needed!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Good deal.  Now go have some fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.