Jaimemc

Linux Drivers RealTek RTL8723AE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5254 laptop with a Realtek WLAN NIC "RealTek RTL8723AE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC", I need to use this new laptop with Linux OS, but I cannot find the corresponding linux driver in Realtek web site "http://www.realtek.com.tw"

Could you please provide the link where I can download the linux driver for "RealTek RTL8723AE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC"?

Can I replace the wireless network card of this Toshiba Satellite S855-S5254 laptop for different one?

Toshiba part number
PSKA8U-02600RB

Serial Number
5C282367Q

Regards.

Jt00

Re: Linux Drivers RealTek RTL8723AE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Realtek drivers pose a significant obstacle when using Linux distros, for various reasons. To get the driver working from source, you'll most likely need to install the build-essential package set by running (in Debian or one of its derivatives) "sudo apt-get install build-essential" without quotes. However, if you are trying to install the system, you will be better off searching your distribution's website for a firmware package that you can load when installing.

To further help you, we need more information, specifically what distro you're using. Linux has not been its own OS for a while now.

mark304

Re: Linux Drivers RealTek RTL8723AE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Hello, I'm having the same problem and I'm using Ubuntu 12.10.  Thanks, Mark