Chlow37

Laptop off, power indicator light on.. ?

I have recently purchased a Satellite 735, and so far I am delighted with it. However, I do have one concern: when my laptop is turned off (ie, after having clicked "shut down"), the power indicator light glows amber non stop! How come? Surely with the laptop turned off, the lights should all be turned off too?! Otherwise it all works fine - the power indicator light is white when the laptop is on, and flashes amber on and off when it is in sleep mode. I just don't understand why the light stays on when the laptop is off!

I'm going abroad for five months next week, and I don't want this to become a problem - especially at the airport!

AaronXtrodinair

Re: Laptop off, power indicator light on.. ?

HEY!

I JUST got my Toshiba L 745 on/off indicator light to go off (finally) after removing the battery for several seconds, then simply redocking it again, and turning the computer on (completely) and letting everything load. Then when I shut it off again - TAH DAH!  =o)

P.S. Granted, I've only had my computer for just over a week, and it really started to concern me today. Earlier, I was thinking - what if it began to become overheated while away, and start a fire??

Yeah, you probably already have found a solution. However, I hope this helps (immediately) the next one to Google this issue.

demoness

Re: Laptop off, power indicator light on.. ?

Thanks a lot! It worked!

I had the same problem with my Satellite L745 last night, and I just bought it last September 1!

Hope anyone could tell us the cause of this problem so that we would know if there's something wrong with the laptop and whether we need to have it replace or repair while it is under warranty.