kca741979

Keyboard & Touchpad not responding on L305D-S5893

[ Edited ]

I have had my L305D-S5893 for only three weeks and until today, it was flawless.  This morning, after a restart, I lost all keyboard and touchpad functionality. I have used the system recovery discs, but that only helps temporarlity -- after one restart I lose the keyboard.

Some caveats....

1. I have a USB mouse, and it works fine.

2. The keyboard works in BIOS and boot, but once Vista loads is when it loses responsiveness.

3. I have looked in the Device MGR and it does not even recognize the touchpad under Mice, etc...it only sees the USB-connected mouse.

4. I have tried the FN + F9 (for the touchpad fix) and get no response.

This all leads me to believe it is software-related, since the keyboard works fine in BIOS and boot.

Is there anyone who can help?

Message Edited by kca741979 on 12-29-2008 05:50 AM
GJW1970

Re: Keyboard & Touchpad not responding on L305D-S5893

Looking for help as well. Similar issues. Keyboard drops out after a while. Touchpad hassame issue as above.  Have a U305-S5107
GJW1970

I'm bumping this just in case someone want tosolve something more complex than using a post-it note to clean your keyboard.

But having spoke to tosiba tecs on the phone, I doubt it.

kca741979

I ended up taking mine in to the local Toshiba repair place and they have replaced the RAM, motherboard and it still had issues so they have ordered another touchpad.

When they get done with it, whenever that is, I will have a brand new computer though -- it might be a couple weeks though.

GJW1970

Did they do anything on the software side? I believe it has something to do with the drivers and not the hardware. While my touchpad isn't working at all, the keyboard craps out and returns when I reboot. I have seen elsewhere that people have resolved some sort of issue by reloading the software that controls the"FN" keys. Just can't figure out how to do that with my model. I'm out of warranty now, so I wouldn't let them touch mine.