feudalmaster

How to disable light on touchpad

Model P875-S7200 I prefer to use a wireless mouse but, when I disable the touchpad the "off" light shines like a lighthouse in the dark, Very VERY bright. I've had to put electrical tape on the corner to block it. Is there a area to disable or control the brightness on it? Thanks

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How to disable light on touchpad

[ Edited ]

Earlier models didn't have such a light so we've just begun to hear complaints about it since the 800 Series came out.  So I have no way to experiment for you but do have one possible solution to check out.  If there is a way to turn it off, I think it will be located as follows.

Go to Control Panel, Mouse, Device Settings.  Select the TouchPad in the box and click Settings.  Somewhere in the myriad settings you will see there may be a solution.  Please let us know one way or another.  Good Luck!.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
feudalmaster

I think that was the 1st place I looked, But I will certainly explore that area and report back later this evening, Thank you for the reply.

feudalmaster

No luck, but it looks like the pad can do pretty much anything else, other than the light.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

On machines with keyboard backlights, CTRL+Z or FN+Z toggles the feature on and off.  Give that a try even if you don't have backlight. Type HWSetup in Start Search box and see if there is an illumination tab or something else there that might work. Tap F2 on startup to get in BIOS and look under tabs such as Advanced or System Configuration or something similar to see if there is anything there.

After all that, I'm out of ideas!

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit