Silvan

How to add RAM to new Sattelite laptops ?

I am currently waiting for Toshiba laptop that I have ordered : Satellite L775D-S7107. It originally comes with 4GB DDR3 RAM and I would like to double that, and ofcourse I would like to do this by myself.

Question is : how to do that technically ? I have never done any work on laptops, but in the past I have been adding RAM to my desktop computer, but that seems much different. I used to have HP DV4 which had a wierd and complicated way of removing the bottom cover that took a lot of time and effort. Is there a quick guide on how to open the bottom cover / part of bottom cover on the new Sattelite laptops in order to add RAM ? Could anyone give me a small hint at least ?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How to add RAM to new Sattelite laptops ?

[ Edited ]

I'll go you one better.  Click on your model link below and you will find the complete specs for your machine, any support bulletins issued, downloads for utilities and drivers, and a User's Guide.  The User's Guide will give you complete instructions with pictures as to how to add RAM. When you get your new computer, type "User's" in the Start/Search box and click enter and you will find your desktop copy of the User's Guide. I strongly urge you to read that guide from cover to cover and pay particular attention to creating recovery disks in case of future problems.

L775D-S7107

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Silvan

Re: How to add RAM to new Sattelite laptops ?

Great advice ! user's guide has everything I need :smileyhappy: Thank you