LoriCorbett

How do I set up two external monitors - satellite p875-s7200

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just bought a Satellite P875-S7200 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, with 3rd gen Intel i5-3210M processor, Intel HD Graphics 4000 display adaptor.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster S27A350H monitor connected via HDMI, and a Samsung SyncMaster 2233BW monitor connected via VGA. The problem I'm having is that I can only use 2 of the three displays at any one time. How can I set my laptop up to use all 3 displays? I know my laptop can support 3 displays, but I'm at a loss how to do it. Do I need an adaptor of some kind for one of the monitors, or is there a setting I need to turn on?

My Device Manager shows both Samsung monitors, plus my built-in display, and the drivers are up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Lori

Peter

Re: How do I set up two external monitors - satellite p875-s7200

I don't see anything in the manual that describes being able to use two external monitors.

- Peter
LoriCorbett

Here is the tech sheet from Intel on the processor (i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz):http://ark.intel.com/products/67355/Intel-Core-i5-3210M-Processor-%283M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz-rPGA

It says that 3 displays are supported, but "# of Displays Supported may not be available on all computing systems. Please reference the system, motherboard, chipset or processor specifications for compatibility."

My chipset is 7Series SATA AHCI Controller, and my display adapter is Intel HD Graphics 4000.

So I guess my question is, am I missing something? Is the processor capable, and if so, how? I bought this with the assurance that it could run three displays at once (BestBuy), but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can have 3 monitors, but can only run two at a time, with the capability of switching between them. Not really ideal.

Peter

Sometimes certain components are capable of something, but the unit as a whole can't due to some other limiting factor. I don't know what that factor would be, but I believe that model can only power one external monitor at a time.

- Peter
LoriCorbett

Well, dang! OK...thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer. :-)