MaritDW

How do I increase the contrast settings on my laptop satellite l775d-s7132?

I am a photographer and having good screen calibration is urgent to my livelyhood.  I am financially behind so I can't get the fancy calibration software.  PLEASE tell me how to increase the contrast settings.  When I try to calibrate my monitor, the brightness settings are easy to find, but it tells me to use the computer controls to change the contrast settings.  I have NO idea where to find them.

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!  Thanks so very much.

If you are visiting the site and not registered but know the answer, feel free to email me at MaritDW@yahoo.com

HAve a great day!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How do I increase the contrast settings on my laptop satellite l775d-s7132?

[ Edited ]

This is your lucky day!!!  I have the exact same model so here are the instructions to adjust Contrast.  Right click the desktop, click AMD Vision Engine Control Center, click desktops and displays, click my built-in displays, click display color, and there you will find several display color controls including Contrast. Then click on Apply and OK. Good Luck. Let me know how it goes.

Incidentally, that is still another place to adjust brightness also in addition to those I list in the other thread to which you posted.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to add a reference to Microsoft's instructions.

Calibrate your display

-Jerry
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Close but no cigar, Jerry! The Microsoft instructions you reference work for Brightness and Contrast ONLY if you have external physical controls on your display which, of course, most if not all, laptops don't have. The controls I referenced are 100% software and DO adjust Brightness and Contrast.

BTW,maritDW, if you don't find the AMD Vision Control Center as described in my prior post, try this.  Type AMD in the Start/Search box and press Enter.  Or, go to Start/All Programs/AMD Vision Control Center.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It's okay. I don't use cigars anyhow.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

You mean not even at all those wine tastings you go to? :smileylol:

C.B.

C.B.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Those things mess up one's taste.

-Jerry