deanz_lover

How do I access my webcam

I have a Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7454 with built in webcam. About 2 weeks ago it got a virus and I had to take it in to get it removed. They backed up everything on my laptop then erased everything including the virus. It is now basically a new computer back on default settings. The problem I have now is that I can't access my webcam. There used to be a webcam bar on the side of the screen but now it is gone. I have searched in the start menu and control panel and can't find it. Any help would be appreciated

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How do I access my webcam

Start/all programs/toshiba/utilities/web camera application

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
deanz_lover

Toshiba and utilities are not options when I go to start/all programs

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Then it sounds like whoever removed that virus for you removed lots of other stuff.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite P205D-S7454

Try reinstalling the application.

Camera Utility for Windows Vista

-Jerry
deanz_lover

Thanks! I just downloaded it and 'Camera Assisstant Software' is now in start/programs but when I click on it nothing happens

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

They backed up everything on my laptop then erased everything including the virus.

They apparently did not restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. Time to do that.

Do you have the recovery discs that came with that machine? If not, you'll need to order them.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
AC928

Jerry i had the same problem but my laptop is the Toshiba Satellite L655-S5095. Please Help i dont know what to do??

PandaSmall101

How do i acces my webcam though on Windows 8.:smileysad: