Maggiepie

How To Hook up to TV

We are trying to figure out how to (or if we even can) hook up our Toshiba Sat. C655-S5128 to a television.  We were assured by the Best Buy employee who sold us the laptop that we could but now we can't find any information on it.  Any advice?

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: How To Hook up to TV

[ Edited ]

Satellite C655-S5128

From what I can see on your specifications, the only port you have available to hook up any kind of external display is your RGB or external monitor port.

See page 79 of your User Guide for instructions on how to do this.

You'll need at least an SVGA external monitor cable. But, it depends on your TV whether or not it has the right connection for one of these cables. Otherwise, you could try one of these SVGA to HDMI cables. Either way, you'll have to use your TV's menu to accept the input to the correct port on your TV.

Make sure the cable you buy is long enough to comfortably connect your laptop to your TV.

Good luck Maggie.

Mike

Maggiepie

Thank you!!!  We will try this

GrandmaKissy

Mike, I have the same question about connecting my Satellite L655D-S5109 to a TV.  Is it possible to do it?

Thanks!

Super Advisor
miker643

Satellite L655D-S5109

Yes GrandmaKissy, it's possible.

Your laptop specifications show you have basically the same port configuration, but you may also have an HDMI port. However, I think this HDMI port is only on different models in the same family of Toshiba models as yours. Your insructions for, and a picture of, both of these ports begin on page 79 of your User Guide

If you have an HDMI port, then you'll need an HDMI Cable. But, if you only have a RGB/External Monitor port, then you can just follow the directions and links above I gave Maggie above.

Good luck.

Mike

Maggiepie

Okay we tried this and we still can't get it to work.  We hooked it up with a VGA to HDMI cable.  It says that the resolutions is not supported in this mode but I tried every single resolution available on the laptop and the closest we get to having a  picture is a pink screen.  I'm lost.

djray301

[ Edited ]

so this product toshiba satellite c855 s5306 doesn't have an HDMI input located on the side this is only an output? i'm probably going to return this product since thats the only reason why i thought it would be worth the price. bestbuy lies to their customers i'm pretty fed up with it. don't get me wrong the laptop is nice but they sold it to me making me think it would do things that would be wonderful, and the windows 8 is nowhere near an upgrade from windows7.....

heatx6

i have the model C855D-S5106 and i dont know how to get the thing off that is covering where i can plug in my hdmi chord please someone help

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C855D-S5106

According to the spec above, there is no HDMI output on that model.

-Jerry
Athena63

If you're reading this thread, I can assure you from experience that you need to know what kind of jacks your TV also has.   If you post the model number of your TV as well as the model number of your laptop it will help provide you with specific instructions.

kalemandalisha

i am having the same problem did you ever figure this out?

kalemandalisha

my hdmi port where i plug my cord into my laptop has like a cover on it and i dot know how to take it off can someone please tell me how i have the toshiba satelite c855d-006023 please help thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C855D-S5106 (PSCBQU-006023)

If that's your model, then it has no HDMI output port.

Toshiba uses the same cases for many models. So it needs to plug some holes.

-Jerry