jossmax
Accepted Solution

Help with enter bios problem on Toshiba Satellite L655-S5062

Hello! I have a problem getting access to the BIOS on the laptop, I had to change the Hard Disk for a new one, but when I try to set the boot from my DVD for install the system, don't let me!!! I have been try it a lot of combinations of key for this, ( ESC + F1), F2, F12, F10,F11, Ctrl + F1, Ctrl + F2, but nothing works.

I Tried installing the operating system from another laptop and after putting on the toshiba,  I got a Blue Screen.

The only thing that let me run a oparting system is LINUX UBUNTU (with Linux on the Hard Disk don't let me get access to the BIOS too)

My customer wants Win 7

Thanks for any help!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Help with enter bios problem on Toshiba Satellite L655-S5062

Satellite L655-S5062 

I have a problem getting access to the BIOS .. I have been try it a lot of combinations of key for this, ( ESC + F1), F2, F12, F10,F11, Ctrl + F1, Ctrl + F2, but nothing works.

Try this.

Hold down the F2 key and then power-on the computer.   

-Jerry
jossmax

Jerry you are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your help, It works!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It means Fast Boot was turned on in the BIOS.

-Jerry
a3
a3

Re: Help with enter bios problem on Toshiba Satellite p2000

what i have to push to enter in toshiba p2000 bios i need id imediately i have some important folders in it.

adrianto83

I have a problem to enter BIOS on the laptop Toshiba Satellite T115. can't work on ALT + F1, F2, F12., F2 (Hold) + power on.

i'm using W7.

please help me to enter menu BIOS

Thanks for any help

dkmender

Dude, you're a life-saver. I knew it had something to do with fastboot, just didn't know how to undo it. I had just run a complete disk wipe for a new install, and thought I'd add fast boot to the shopping cart. Horrible idea.

I tried everything like the poster did. Well - everything except holding down F2 while booting.

Thanks again! You're a wonder man!!! :smileyvery-happy:

petracamil

Re: Help with enter bios problem on Toshiba Satellite U840T

Hello and sorry for the long message but I wanted to be as precise as possible.

I have just bought a Satellite U840T. I'm new to Windows 8 and the creation of a Microsoft Account. I thought I had configured everything correctly yesterday. But today when I switched the computer on, it says my password is incorrect. I tried to reinitialize it from another computer on the Microsoft website but it does not seem to be working...

Now I am trying to use a utility tool called Lazesoft Recovery Suite Media Builder Home (that I found on a forum) which seemed to be able to help me solve my issue : I created a USB flash boot device but then I am trying to have access to the bios to change the boot disk but I just CAN'T. It's driving me crazy. 

I've read many posts using the F2 or F12 keys (with and without Fn key) before turning on or after turning on but it makes no difference. I also tried the ESC key. Same results.

I have the impression that the F keys are not working. They appear on the keyboard in grey (whereas normal keys are written in white) and grey color is associated with the FN key. But when I use the FN key in conjunction with the keys where I see F2 or F12, it does not seem to activate the F2 or F12 feature, rather it seems to activate the "normal" action of the key. For instance F2 allows to lower screen light intensity or F12 allows to switch on or off the wifi. So when I use those F2 or F12 keys whether it is with or without the FN key, the result is always the same : the screen light is changed or the wifi is turned on or off but that's it ! 

Last precision : I am French and my Toshiba has a "French" keyboard : AZERTY (instead of QWERTY). Would that make a difference ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Petra