Headphone jack doesn't work

Hello,

I have a Satellite  P205-S6307 using VistaI recently tried to use my headphone jack to listen to a video, but I get no soundWhen I plug in the headphones, I don't even get staticThese headphones do not have a volume switchHowever, they work fine on other computersAlso, when I do plug them in, the computer speakers still play and don't shut offI've checked all the settings that I can find that relate to audio speakers-headphones etc. but nothing works.  

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

ST 

YSL

Re: Headphone jack doesn't work

Try this: Make sure your headphones are hooked up. Go to the Start button, click Control Panel, click Sound, Click Headphones, click Set as Default. Hope it works for you!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes it did work! But only briefly. If I unplugged the headphones and then replugged them in they wouldn't work and neither would the laptop speakers.  Then I could reset he default and the laptop speakers would work again.  

I at least got it to work some. That's more than I've ever been able to do.

Thank you again,

ST 

Regular Advisor

Nice to see you up and running now !

Cheers !