LadyWarwick

HOT HOT HOT laptop!

Ok so here's the story, it's hot!!

It's a Satellite M305D-S4830, about 4 yrs old...I'm running next to nothing right now and it's hot. 

I ran this thing called Speedfan, it says core temp (the processor) 47C (168F)....HD is 42C and says its okay at that temp...some other temp is 80C....i dunno what that one is.

What can cause it to run this hot and what can be done to bring it back down. I LOVE this laptop.

I like Turtles.
Regular Contributor
mikie39

Re: HOT HOT HOT laptop!

Look closely at the fan to see if it has stopped.  Remember it only runs when it thinks the PC needs cooling.  But those CPU readings would indicate it should be on.  If the fan is not running at such tempuratures shut the PC down and don't run it until you have a tech. repair the problem.  Running it too hot can damage (often permanently) the CPU and lead to much more expensive repair.

Mike

LadyWarwick

fan runs 100%, all the time, soon as i turn it on. im trying to crack it open to blow out any dust & junk that could be causing it but the guide to do so...I am capable of this but I want a guide to help so I don't mess it up.

I like Turtles.
Regular Contributor
mikie39

Don't open it just to get dust out.  If you have an air compressor (for your car tires, etc) use the spray to blow the dust out.  Or use one of those cans of air you can buy for getting dust off things -- CAUTION, however, don't spray longer then 2 or 3 seconds before quiting and waiting a min or 2.  Those cans put out a very cold spray which can damage electronic parts (especially if they are hot).  In fact I would advise NOT using cans of air at all, just because of how cold their spray gets.  Even if you have to take it to an automotive garage and ask them to blow it out with compressed air.  I set my compressor to 70 pounds pressure and it blows the dust out very well.

Has the PC been sitting where it draws in a lot of dust or cat hair?  If not I doubt dust is the only problem.  You may want to take it into a repair shop or visit a local tech.  Many techs offer free estimates.

Enjoy,

Mike  

LadyWarwick

Well, I did take off the KB, got in there a little and blasted what dust I could see, the fan had some. Whatever I did, it runs cooler now until I give it a task, then it works harder. Seems ok now. Next I need a new battery! 

I like Turtles.
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

And I get the distinct impression that LadyWarwick likes turtles!:smileyhappy:

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
LadyWarwick

Naaahhh how'd ya guess? hahhahaa!

i used to breed an exotic species from central america, I have just two babies from those days but they're closing in on 5yr olds....

I like Turtles.
l3ryan

Hi! I have a toshiba A665 SP6003M and its temperatures are about 70c° to 86c° and when It's in 86C° It shutdown Itself :/ what can I do for resolve this problem ? 

someone can help me please?