mgabriel2

E55T-A5320 - Memory Upgrade

[ Edited ]

Just got this Laptop and a Toshiba Encore tablet bundle from Best Buy ( Cannt find this model on Toshiba's Site ) 

E55T-A5320  Toshiba Satellite Laptop 

Specs Show:

• 4GB

• 16GB

I would like to upgrade the RAM to either 8 or 16 but cannt find any information on how todo this.

I tried taking all the screws out of the back but couldnt get the cover off ( there are no "Doors" on the back just 1 solid back plate.

Serial # XXXXXXXXX
    Part #  PSKPJU-01E023

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Kazdagi

Re: E55T-A5320 - Memory Upgrade

Yes, does anyone have any information on this memory upgrade? I must admit I am sorely disappointed in the lack of info from Toshiba on this process.

Thanks - Kaz

mgabriel2

Agreed the info on this laptop is lacking 

Peter

I sent you both a PM.

- Peter
cmb551

I am looking to do the upgrade for my memory as well. As the poster said above there is only a solid plate on the bottom of the laptop. Can you please provide guidance or post a how-to? Thanks.

DylanKnight

[ Edited ]

Can you please provide the install info as well?

Does it come with 32 bit or 64 OS?

Kazdagi

So I took a chance and removed just the 12 screws on the bottom, slowly and carefully unclip/release the plastic bottom from the computer, replace the memory, then went in reverse. All is well. No hidden screws under the rubber feet or stickers for me, just the 12 screws that are obvious. Hope this helps.

Kazdagi

Dr_B

I would appreciate any information you could provide on installing additional memory in my Toshiba Satellite E55T-A5320. I removed the back screws but I am hesitant to pry the back off for fear of breaking something even though one other person on this blog seems to have done it successfully. If there is a right way to pry the back off, I want to do it that way. BTW, whoever wrote the manual blew it by saying in effect that 4GB was enough to do anything.Toshiba gets an "F" grade for that statement. Other than that, I'm pleased with the E55T-A5320 so far.

SailMarco

I also would like to be sure that just removing the 12 screws on the bottom and gently removing the back is all that has to be done to upgrade the memory. 

Also is there only a single memory slot (i.e. 1 - 16gb DDR3L) or 2 slots (2 - 8 gb DDR3L)? 

Does it make any real difference if I use 1333 or 1600 memory? Thanks