brandie

Can't boot my laptop or get into BIOS!!! Please help me!!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop model L655D-S5050. I've had it for just over a year (so out of warranty) and recently it I've had 3 problems with it. This 1st problem was that I couldn't install windows the windows service pack. No matter how many time I tried. After attempting to download one last time, the computer shut off completely and when I powered back on, it told me that windows experienced an error and gave me 2 options: to repair windows or start normally. No matter which option I selected, it always took me to a black screen with a white, moveable cursor. And no further (still having that problem). Then I went into BIOS and enabled the fast BIOS and now I can't back into BIOS to go back to normal loading. I have pressed and held F2 to attempt to get back in and no luck. I also pressed F12, still no luck. However when I do press F2, it asks me to choose between: windows 7 or running a memory diagnostic. Both options (after memory is checked) take me back to the "windows has experienced an error" and I have to pick between starting in repair mode and starting normally which lands me right back to the black screen with the white cursor. Extremely :smileysad: The laptop did not come with a disk but my husband has a HP laptop with the same OS (he has no disk either). Can this be FIXED?

brandie

Re: Can't boot my laptop or get into BIOS!!! Please help me!!!

I got back into BIOS by pressing the '0' (zero) key at power on! But still having the other issues.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L655D-S5050 

it always took me to a black screen with a white, moveable cursor.

Brandie, what happens when you turn the computer on and immediately press and hold the F8 key?

If you reach the Advanced Boot Options menu, choose Repair Your Computer.

Can you reach the System Recovery Options menu?

-Jerry
Emile

Hello. I am having a similar problem, too. I have an L555D-S7005 running Win7 x64. I've had it 2years and in the past few months having trouble with booting up. I've created a system image and have always been able to recover - had to once a week - until now. I've tried repair disk, F8-repair, heck I've even tried to re-install Win7 (retail Home premium) but only get to a black screen with a white cursor (which I can move). I've tried resetting my BIOS by removing battery an unplugging a/c and holding power button for 30 secs and still only get this black screen with white cursor. I can enter my BIOS but only can get to black screen. Very frustrated - Ive never NOT been able to fix before now. Please help.

louis213

having the same problem with my Toshiba satellite L450D 128 

is there any good news?