g3ck0

toshiba backup software?

i might be wrong . . it's happened before.  :smileytongue:

i have an a215-s4767 w/ vista ultimate that needs to be rebuilt.  i wanted to burn the recovery image, but only find M$ software and that isn't gonna do it.  it will write back what i don't want which is the current system which is fubar.  before i hit the magic button, i just want to know i'm set to do this.  thanks.

g3ck0

Re: toshiba backup software?

i've been on this too long.  let me rephrase the question.  yes, i did RTFM.  still not helpful.  :smileyhappy:

i have a recovery partition on this machine, but no icon or other way to the "create recovery disk" option.  what would be the name of the exe to start a recovery disk backup?  i did search for recovery and the only thing that came up was an office recovery tool.  not toshiba.

i backed up all my data . . tried clean recovery by pressing and holding '0' from a dead startup.  nothing.  went straight to windows.  tried the M$ repair option 'F8', unsucessful because it wanted disks i apparently don't have and cannot create (?).  if i didn't need the OS for some progs i run, i'd blow this off and run my linux distro.

any assistance is appreciated.