Biosproblems

problems to bypass bios password

Hello, my laptop (Satellite A215 S7422) was affected by viruses and spyware. Now I cannot even get into windows, the laptop stops at the first log in screen (bios password or supervisor password) I suppose. My correct password does not work. I have tried rebooting from a cd rom with the uptaded bios from Toshiba, but I cannot get pass that log in screen.

Can anyone help me solve this problem without me having to pay hundreds of dollars to Toshiba to retrieve/remove/reset my pasword?

Thank you for your help!

Frequent Advisor

Re: problems to bypass bios password

Biosproblems wrote:

Hello, my laptop (Satellite A215 S7422) was affected by viruses and spyware. Now I cannot even get into windows, the laptop stops at the first log in screen (bios password or supervisor password) I suppose. My correct password does not work. I have tried rebooting from a cd rom with the uptaded bios from Toshiba, but I cannot get pass that log in screen.

Can anyone help me solve this problem without me having to pay hundreds of dollars to Toshiba to retrieve/remove/reset my pasword?

Thank you for your help!

Only a Toshiba Authorized Service Provider can reset that password. 

As far as cost, call around to some of the ASPs on the list at http://pcrepair.toshiba.com and get pricing.  Give a few Premier Service Centers a call, as they tend to be independent shops and may have a lower price.

Occasional Advisor
SAmely

Re: problems to bypass bios password

Are you talking about a Windows login or the initial power on login password?

There can be a significant difference in who can you help you with the two.