loladunn

dvd drive vibration

A665 S6050

Is it normal to feel and hear laptop vibrations from the dvd drive when playing cd's or movies? I'm playing a CD now, my fingers can feel the tingle of the vibration while I type. I can also hear it buzzing.

Thanks

Lola

loladunn

Re: dvd drive vibration

Okay folks I know there are people viewing these threads; but hardly any answers compared to views. I know y'all have laptops or you wouldn't be reading these forums so how bout it. Does YOUR laptop vibrate when playing a CD?

Perhaps I should know these things but this is my first laptop.

Thanks all!

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

It can happen with some drives/discs

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
loladunn

Well thanks! :smileyhappy:

I guess I can add mine to that list?

"It can happen with some drives/discs" So it depends on the disc as well?

Occasional Contributor
visualvalhalla

Your CD is probably spinning at a few hundred RPMs when you are using the ROM drive.  It is possible the disc is slightly unbalanced, caused the drive to shake.  This is similar to your steering wheel shaking at highway speeds if one of your front tires is not balanced.

pavlograd

I just bought an A665-6059 and it has the most vibrating (and loudest) DVD drive I've ever heard.  I think there is a problen in the way it is mounted because I can put slight finger pressure on the drive door and the vibration and loud sound are mitigated a lot.  I also don't like that space bar either- you have to hit it solidly in the center to actually get a space.

TONE

yes it is normal