aliyesami

drivers missing after installing win7 64 bit

first of all i am not sure exactl what is this A-series model but iam posting it here since I see on my laptop satellite S55-A5295

and the model behind is written as PSKJJU.

I installed win7 -64bit on this laptop but I see three devices with yellow exclaimation marks :

-Ethernet controller

-SM bus controller

- Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller.

i have two questions:

1) my usb devices are working so why am i gettnig this USB controller error ? i have nothing externally attached to USB port.

2) where can i find the drivers to fix these they are not on Toshiba site for sure . that site has total wrong n misleading info.

thanks

Peter

Re: drivers missing after installing win7 64 bit

That laptop was designed for Windows 8, so many Windows 7 drivers were not created.

- Peter
aliyesami

not true .. I asked the support i needed drivers if they can point them out to me they said what you said that the drivers are not made for win7 but after paying $70  to them they found all the drivers ...  what does it say ?

its just a money making business .. Toshiba could have placed win7 drivers right at their site so anyone can download them.

I gave the model number of my laptop and win7 as operating system , it comes back will all incorrect drivers.

Occasional Contributor
dimypilorge22

go to : http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/Toshiba/Laptop.html  chose ur Laptop Model ,then download and install it should work perfectly .

Peter

When I check your model on the support site, select "Windows 7 64-bit" and select "Drivers," I get only six available downloads. Downloads from other models might work, but they haven't been tested. If a support agent found drivers that worked for you, he went above and beyond! That's good to hear.

- Peter