carlito69

am sorry it's A135 S2346 Bios Issue

The issue is. I recently received A135 S2346 Laptop for service, the costumer told me the system all by itself put a password, and can’t go pass this. (No password) I’ve tried everything that I usually do to anther system put no good results. The system whose   Vista and he downgraded it to XP and 2 months latter this happed. Is there a technical way for this system to over ride this password request and update the bios?  Please give me hand, I need help.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: am sorry it's A135 S2346 Bios Issue

[ Edited ]

i believe this is one of the laptop models that have been putting a bios password on them but it actually has no password. the laptop should be sent back to the depot and should be repaired for free. you would have to call toshiba at 1(800)457-7777 to find out if that is one of the models and to find out what they say should be done. i found this for that model so check that out and see if it helps. www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletinDetail.jsp?soid=2232649&pf=true

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Transparent password ?

Hello, Civicman 4.

In this instance, is it a HDD password or what that is set randomly ?  If it is a HDD PW, then it calls for a new HDD and a redo. If not, is there not a possibility as on a desktop, to flush the PW by completely deenergizing the Toshiba laptop, even removing the RTClock button cell ?  Or is this a BIOS fault ?

I had been trying for eons, to find a cure for a HDD PW removal but gave up in the last year as it is a bad investment, they can be done but the laboratories doing this are dear.

If one sends in a machine to Toshiba, do you know what they do ?  Will they save all the personal data on the HDD ?

Have a great day.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Transparent password ?

from what the OP stated it is a bios issue which would mean it isnt a hdd pw. if it is a hdd pw there really isnt an easy way around it since it is there to keep you out of the hdd if you dont know the pw. if you send a laptop in to toshiba they will not save any of you info and will overwrite all of it if they have to do anything with the hdd

-civicman4-
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
carlito69

Thanks for the valuable info well do so, if there is no other way out.  But am the DIY type.  I’m going to some Homework on this issue.:smileyvery-happy:

Thanks. Civicman4

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

not a problem

-civicman4-
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Good evening Civicman4. You wrote :

if you send a laptop in to toshiba they will not save any of you info and will overwrite all of it if they have to do anything with the hdd.

Understood.  I have all my HDs PW protected and I am willing to live with any failing perssonal RAM.  ;-)  Best protection ever afforded for personal data. 

Thanks.

NB: I looked over this HDD protection in a "matrix"  and my A-100 is not so protected. I will have to dig in. Thankfully, I have the HMM. I hate damaging more when I want to fix something.