Occasional Contributor
SPHolland

Where can I find a non Advanced Format HDD for a replacement for Satellite A665-S6095?

Having a lot of difficulty finding a HDD that doesn't have AF.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Where can I find a non Advanced Format HDD for a replacement for Satellite A665-S6095?

Getting more difficult every day. Look around for these.

320 GB: WD3200BEKT

500 GB: WD5000BEKT

See the specs here.

WD Scorpio Black

And I don't see anything about advanced format in here. The model numbers are at the bottom.

Seagate Momentus 2.5” Internal Drive

The newer Momentus drives have AFT.

In most cases, the new storage driver works for recovery to AFT drives. But for some situations, we didn't find a solution.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
SPHolland

Re: Where can I find a non Advanced Format HDD for a replacement for Satellite A665-S6095?

Thanks Jerry.

I ordered the -500BEKT drive from Xtremeram through Amazon last week, and when it arrived, the drive said -BPKT. It did not have a note on the drive mentioning AF, though the old non-working drive I had did specifically mention it (manufacture dates were about six mmonths apart, in 2013).

When I contacted the company they said WDC had discontinued the BEKT models and they had started sending out the BPKT models instead since they were basically identical. Terrible business practice in my mind, but that's neither here nor there.

My point is that I don't think the BEKT models are available at all anymore unless by luck someone is selling an old one...

Thanks again,

Sarah

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Please read through the following thread, Sarah.

Satellite L655 S5157 replacement Hard Drive

You may want to join that one for further discussion.

-Jerry