juls

VERY stiff keyboard -- help?

I have an A665 Series laptop, and i like it a lot -- but I can't type quickly on it for 2 reasons:  I have to press down so incredibly hard that it slows me down, and the space bar doesn't work 75% of the time because it requires pounding on it much harder that anyone should have to!  So I spend a lot of time going back andinserting the space that should have been there but didn't happen...

Suggestions for how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Julie

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: VERY stiff keyboard -- help?

Sounds like it might need a new keyboard, or it is one of the long stroke keyboards found on some laptops.  On those the button has to travel just a bit farther to make contact and they take more time to master.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Regular Contributor
KISS

Re: VERY stiff keyboard -- help?

[ Edited ]

My suggestion:

Goto a brick and morter store and compare the a665 model to one with a backlight and yours and see if it's your KB that's the issue.  The backlit one seems to be of an entirely different design and, at least for me, a backlit KB will supposedly work in my A665.

Beware of the space key on the A665 normal KB.  See my recent post in the keyboard section "a665 series keyboards"  http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Keyboards-Touchpads/A665-series-keyboards/td-p/166304  I provide a method to test the keys there.