firemagnet

Upgrading the GPU in a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025

greetings all, moderators and community

i've been attempting to upgrade the GPU on my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025; other communities have said this is possible due to the fact that the Nvida Geforce 310M currently installed is mounted on a PCI-E slot, meaning that it's removeable. If this is actually the case, would someone mind pointing me in the direction where i could ask for/purchase an upgrade for the GPU, say an Nvidia Geforce 500m series or something along those lines?

sincerely, ACT.

Peter

Re: Upgrading the GPU in a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025

Toshiba does not support those type of upgrades.

- Peter
firemagnet

Re: Upgrading the GPU in a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025

@Peter,

i understand that Toshiba does not officially support such upgrades, but what i was generally asking is whether or not they're possible; it seems, from community information elsewhere on the web, that such upgrades are possible so long as the chipset is not integrated (as is the case with Intel Graphics Accelerators). I'll put it this way; i'd be willing to pay premium (around $400-500 USD) if it is indeed possible to remove the current nvidia 310M GPU and its accompanying daughterboard to replace them with a more powerful version; this seems--to me--to be a cheaper alternative to outright purchasing an equivalent brand-new laptop, which would be very nearly three times as expensive.
So, if customer service is willing to investigate, or if you have any information that you could provide (unofficially, of course, since your being a moderator requires that you protect the company's image), i would be very grateful.