zmey

Toshiba A135-S4527 Reset Question!!! Please Help

[ Edited ]

I have had my Toshiba A135-S4527 fora long time and it has become extremely sluggish and hot. My computer gets unbearable hot and it lags imensley. I have been told that nothing can help it and that it is most likely not a virus. 1 person told me that I should reset it and put XP on it because vista is bad especially on it. I had tons of prolems with Flash and that 1 person pointed out that flash had been running in the background probably causing the problems. Should I reset my laptop. Can someone help or give me tips or a guide. I have heard of people that have old laptops like Dell and others that make them run like champs. ANY HELP  IS APPRECIATED. Really any tips.

Frequent Advisor
drev9

Re: Toshiba A135-S4527 Reset Question!!! Please Help

If it is hot and sluggish, the issue is probably temperature related.  If the system has not been serviced since it was new, then I would suggest having it done.  The vents need to be cleaned, and fresh thermal paste applied to the CPU.

When the thermal paste on the CPU dries up, it gets harder to transfer heat to the heat sink.  Add dust and dirt to the fins of the heat sink, and it compounds the issue.  So the CPU heats up, and it tries to cool down by clocking back it's speed.  This causes your computer to become sluggish.  The hotter it gets, the further it clocks back, making things even slower. 

I try to take my systems apart to clean and apply fresh thermal compound about once a year.  This keeps them running cool and fast.