EvanVolm

System Cooling Failure, can't login.

[ Edited ]

I just recieved a system cooling failure(Cooling System failure, Cut off immediately Take to Service Center) and attempted to restart my Satellite A665-S6065.  Upon restarting, it told me the username or password was incorrect, even though I don't have one set on my computer.  So I can't log in at all now.  Face recognition also isn't working so far.

I've noticed the fan is no longer running either, and it's in Eco mode(can't turn it off).

Any ideas?  Just got it August 26th.

edit:  At the log in screen I left the password blank and it worked.  So I'm logged in, and have been able to take it out of Eco mode.  Still haven't heard the fan kick on yet, so I'll probably leave it in Eco mode.

Regular Contributor
ElPuma27

Re: System Cooling Failure, can't login.

When you turn you laptop on does the fan start?

It should because its part of the POST proccedure, if not then you have a problem

with the fan and needs to taken to Toshiba Service Center or where you bought it.

EvanVolm

No, it doesn't start when I turn it on.  Only had it a week so thankfully it's under warranty.  Suppose I'll give them a call Tuesday and see what my options are.

Occasional Contributor
NPD_MVK_x2321

[ Edited ]

If it's less than 2 weeks take it back to where you bought it and exchange it. Don't bother with repairs just exchange it. If it's crapping out now then you don't want to know the kind of problems you'll have later.

EvanVolm

Can't.  Recieved as a gift from someone who bought it off of amazon.  I've already contacted Toshiba and am shipping it out today for repair.