Gennoo

Satellite A505-S6005 Fan not working Windows 8 Sudden Shutdown

I've had both windows 7 and windows 8 installed on my Satellite A505-S6005 and the fan was working well. Then I un-installed windows 8, made a windows 8 clean install (formatted the primary partition that had windows 7 installed). Since then, the bottom fan has never worked. The laptop keeps shutting down suddenly, and the temperature of the cores is high. I've downloaded a software fan program yet it didn't detect any fans in the laptop. I tried downloading the Toshiba utilities application but in vain. I know that windows 8 might not be supported now for this laptop. However, if there are any windows 7 drivers that would help I'd be really grateful.

Frequent Advisor
drev9

Re: Satellite A505-S6005 Fan not working Windows 8 Sudden Shutdown

it could just be that the fan has stopped working.  To test this, you completely shut down the computer, and restart.  If you don't hear/feal the fan spin up during boot up, then the fan itself is probably bad.  While shut down, you can also remove the hard drive, and test.  Again, if it doesn't spin up at start up, then the fan itself is bad.

Gennoo

Re: Satellite A505-S6005 Fan not working Windows 8 Sudden Shutdown

The Fan is working. Just tried it and it works for about 2 seconds before the computer finishes booting.