Inoka

Satellite A300 Bios password

Hi! Seems like Toshiba doesnt want to talk much about Satellite A300 Bios password issue. That's really pathetic. I have configured one brand new laptop. installed all necessary softs (MSoffice, antivirus..etc)restarted.. it was asking for a password to boot (bios). Calledup the Toshiba service centre in Dubai. They told me to pay 250AED and can reset it. I went their.. First thing they said that warrenty has expired so have to pay 100AED. so I paid.. I dont know how come the warrenty ended without even turning the laptop on. next day I called them up. they told me. they are unable to reset the password and have to change the motherboard. cost is 2000AED. I am sure Laptop itself wont cost more than 3000AED. Can anybody help ?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Satellite A300 Bios password

Nope.  For security reasons outlined in my reply to your other post about this no legitimate person or repair service would tell you how to bypass or remove a password from a laptop. 

As for the laptop being out of warranty, that can happen if it set on the shelf too long before it was purchased.  Toshiba's warranty begins in the day of manufacturer and is calculated from that date unless the system is registered with the PURCHASE date that is later than build date.  I've seen systems sold with an expired warranty quite often, but you should still be able to register it with the proof of purchase date to reset the warranty period.  Unfortunately, you posted on the USA support site instead of the one for your geographic region and the laws may not be the same where you are.  Since I'm in the USA where this Support Site is located and covers there is no way for me to know how things are handled anywhere else in the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Inoka

Hi!

Many thanks for your reply.. but only answer I've got from the Techserve Dubai (service centre recomended by Toshiba UAE) was to replace the motherboard.. and cost is 2000AED. I have seen the original price now is 749 USD which is 2748AED.. To get that answer, I had to visit 2 times, 48 AED for taxi and 100AED for the service centre.. :-).

This laptop was given as a gift to our company from another company. They used to buy laptops in bulk and they never give us the warrenty but they are never used before. Forget about the warrenty.. is there anyway to reset it or is it a trash already? Thats the only thing I want to know to decide not to purchase toshiba again..

Thank you!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

I've already told you all I can on the subject. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.