808Fred96795

Restore to factory settings Satellite A665-S6080

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/A660/A665-S6086

Anyone can help with restoring back to factory settings for my A665-S6080? Am getting rid of it to get the q8104...

Also, any suggestions on best way to back up my files for installing to the new laptop?

Thanks anyone in advance!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Restore to factory settings Satellite A665-S6080

Satellite A665-S6080

See the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 61 of the User's Guide.

Satellite A660 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
808Fred96795

Thanks Jerry, will check it out and update on success... Aloha!

Herculees72

when turn power on, press and hold "0", until it tells you what to do. then select the factory reset. if you select delete  files, the, it deletes all in hard which means you need set up disk from toshiba.

rachel1989g

My computer was repaired a few years ago, and recently I tried to do a factory reset with the "0" key, F12 key, and system recovery option. I wasn't able to succeed in any of the options. When I press the 0 key upon powering up, I get two options "press F8 for more options" and "windows 7" There is no factory recovery option available. Is there something I can do other than buy the recovery CD's? Also, every time I try to connect to the internet, a troubleshooting window comes up. As soon as I hit troubleshoot, it fixes the problem, but I have to troubleshoot every time I try to connect to the internet. I want to sell my laptop, so I would like to take everything off that might compromise my information. I've already backed up all of my files. Where should I go from here?
Occasional Advisor
iamsassy

Hi rachel1989g what's the exact model number of your laptop? Let me check if you have the recovery partition.