Tom_A
Accepted Solution

Recovery Wizard failed with 10-FA11-0017 error

I had to reinstall Windows Vista Home Premium from the recovery disk, but the Recovery Wizard failed with 10-FA11-0017 error on the second CD.

I see this error all over the Internet, but it doesn't show up in the Toshiba Forum.

Can someone help me?

Satellite A205-S4797 / PSAF0U

Regular Advisor
iSkO

Re: Recovery Wizard failed with 10-FA11-0017 error

Tom_A wrote:

I had to reinstall Windows Vista Home Premium from the recovery disk, but the Recovery Wizard failed with 10-FA11-0017 error on the second CD.

I see this error all over the Internet, but it doesn't show up in the Toshiba Forum.

Can someone help me?

Satellite A205-S4797 / PSAF0U

Hi,

I checked on the list of Error Messages when recovery is being attempted and i cannot see that error message here. For this issue I can suggest to bring the system to an Authorized Repair Center so that they can test another disc to reinstall windows. If that works then recovery disc causes the issue. If same problem persist then Its a possible Harddrive related problem. You may call toshiba's support line as well.

I am having the same problem on my laptop. The exactly same thing hapens and when i try to start windows i can see screen with message that windows trying to set up computer.

If any one have any idea whats going on please post. Thanks

Tom_A

I think that I solved my problem.  The error occured after all files were installed, so I rebooted the computer.  The computer then continued its normal process of rebooting three or four times to completely install all components.  After the computer was finished installing and rebooting, I added Vista SP1 and a bunch of drivers.  I then used Ghost 2003 to make a backup before I gave the computer back to my daughter.  So far, it has been several weeks without a problem, so I guess the error was bogus.

Tlili

According to Toshiba's Customer Service,  if the 10-FA11-0017 error occurs on the second cd it is most likely a harddrive failure.

Their advice was to take it in to a certified service provider. 

Trend

""I think that I solved my problem.  The error occured after all files were installed, so I rebooted the computer.  The computer then continued its normal process of rebooting three or four times to completely install all components.  After the computer was finished installing and rebooting, I added Vista SP1 and a bunch of drivers.  I then used Ghost 2003 to make a backup before I gave the computer back to my daughter.  So far, it has been several weeks without a problem, so I guess the error was bogus.""

This worked for me but only after I have been fighting with (2) A215 laptops for a week. finally broke down and loaded an old copy of XP,

Did not let it validate,then procceded to use the recovery disks the final time. (Still fighting with the other laptop) Support center told me my Hard drives were bad too! Apparently not. The errors are very vauge! all they know for sure is they want more of my money to fix a product that failed 1 week after the warranty!