aprilmarie1983

Problems streaming netflix

Hi,

I am having trouble streaming netflix and both the netflix tech and the toshiba tech are blaming each other and I don't know what to do. 

Model: Satellite A205-S4557

Memory: 2 GB

Memory used: 1.07 GB

Operating system: Vista

Web Browser: Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (had issues with both)

resting CPU usage: 4%

Netflix streaming CPU usage: 81%

Hulu streaming CPU usage: 77%

I have no trouble streaming Hulu even though both sites use relatively the same amount of memory. With Netflix the image starts and stops and sometimes completely freezes though the audio track is always fine. The Netflix guy says Netflix should not be using that much memory and the Toshiba guy says this is normal usage. I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight today and this changed nothing. 

I am not very computer savvy but I follow direction very well if anyone wants to provide some!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Problems streaming netflix

Satellite A205-S4557

See if anything here applies.

Known issues and limitations for Netflix on Windows Media Center for Windows Vista

If not resolved, try clean-boot troubleshooting in case something else loading automatically conflicts.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

-Jerry
aprilmarie1983

The first link did not reference any of the problems I am having and the second link was inconclusive. I did a clean boot on my computer but in this mode my laptop could not detect the wifi and I could not access netflix.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

could not detect the wifi

You didn't say anything about wireless. What happens when you are connected via cable?

-Jerry