Occasional Contributor
Digger

Power light blinking

I tried doing a search for my  problem but got nowhere. I just bought a used laptop and I have a couple others just like it. This one won't go beyond a blinking yellow LED on the power cord symbol. I tried it with a known good battery but still no go. It won't boot into BIOS. I put a hard drive in it that works fine in the other laptops. Can anybody steer me in a direction to get this machine up and running? Thanks for help.

Ray

Occasional Contributor
Digger

Re: Power light blinking

Update---I was just watching the blinking yellow light and it seems to be in a sequence. 3-3-2 and then repeats. Is it telling me something like a POST beep?

R

Occasional Contributor
Digger

Re: Power light blinking

Update #2, I posted my problem on another forum and got some good info. It seems that the blinking LED is a binary code and when converted to a hexidecimal I get a 24H and after searching the internet for the Toshiba codes it translates to :Current sensing IC is not normal. I would take that to mean that there is a problem with the power supply integrated circuit. Can anybody elaborate? Keep in mind that I am wading into much deeper water than I am used to. Thanks for any and all help or advice.

Ray