vettrainer

Need Bios Password for A665-s6094 satellite laptop

I train disabled vets in their home how to use computers. One vet decided to put in a bios password & then immediately forgot it. Does anyone know the factory bios password or does my vet have to call Toshiba for it?

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: Need Bios Password for A665-s6094 satellite laptop

[ Edited ]

The laptop will have to be sent to a service center to have the bios reset.  The terms of service will not allow us to answer that question here for security reasons.

People password protect the bios for security purposes, and it being easy to have someone tell anyone how to reset or bypass it would defeat the purpose of anyone putting in a password.

The cost is not supposed to be that much to have it reset by Toshiba.

(800) 457-7777

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
vettrainer

thanks for the advice. I'll have my vet send it back....It was purchased at Best Buy retail by the VA for the vet with a 3 year Geek Squad accidental warranty. Does she have to ship it directly to Toshiba or can Best Buy handle the problem....you didn't specify when you said "service center." hope it's not too much $ to reset the bios as this vet has little $.

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

[ Edited ]

Geek squad might be able to handle the job, it is not hard to do and only takes about a minute from start to finish, so their pea sized brains should not have any trouble with it.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement