ACupOfCoffee
Accepted Solution

Identify exact model

I'm trying to determine if there are any driver or BIOS updates for my computer. The model on the bottom of my computer says Satellite A660-x. Nothing I received with the computer says anything beyond A660. I know that is not the complete model number because there are dozens of A660 variants listed on the support website. How can I find out what my exact model is?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Identify exact model

Give us the part number that you find here.

Start > All Programs > Toshiba > Utilities > PC Diagnostics

-Jerry
Rave

Hi, I'd use the PC diagnostic tool and found out that my laptop model is satellite L655 and part number PSK2GL-00E008. But I can't find the model type in email update( in communicate tab). Hope you can help me as this problem had made very frustrated.

EdgeCool0716

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.  Windows is not loading anymore and I can't order the correct recovery disk, unless I get the exact model for my Satellite a60 series... model # PSA60H-0CL006, Serial No. : XXXXXXXXX.

Thanks in advance!

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L655 (PSK2GL-00E008)

This is the site for US models. The Toshiba downloads for that Asian model are here.

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A60 (PSA60H-0CL006)

An older model from Hong Kong. Probably the drivers, utilities, and so forth for this US model (in the same part-number family) will work just fine.

Satellite A65-S1066 (PSA60U-01T015)

They are here.

I've attached a User's Manual that may be better than the User Guide here.

-Jerry
Rave

Thanks man, appreciate it :smileyvery-happy:

EdgeCool0716

Thank you so much, Jerry!!! Much appreciated.... I love toshiba.... they are one of the most dependable laptops around.... especially the hardware. :smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
Amber311311

Hi I am also having problems figuring out my exact loptop model.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Model #:  Satellite A660

Part #:    PSAW3U-0X603C

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite A660 (PSAW3U-0X603C)

Probably a slight variation made for a big-box store.

Compare the specs to the models in the same part-number family (PSAW3U) listed here.

Which one fits best?

-Jerry
ACupOfCoffee

Okay, original poster here. My part number is PSAW9U-06L020.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A660 (PSAW9U- 06L020)

Probably made for a big-box store or a special order from ToshibaDirect. In any case, the members in the part-number family (PSAW9U) differ only slightly - often just the software.

Compare the specs with this one.

Satellite A660-BT3G25X (PSAW9U-02L020)

You should have no trouble using the downloads from here.

-Jerry
ACupOfCoffee

Thanks! That's it! How were you able to tell?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

How were you able to tell?

As I said, the part-number family (PSAW9U) is what counts. I googled it to find a model that Toshiba lists.

PSAW9U site:toshiba.com -forums

-Jerry
miden

I followed the link you provided but it only refers to A665...mine is an A660 but with the PSAW9U prefix. The other number is 056020B..

Any ideas where i can find the FULL model number? I too want to do my own downlaod of drivers and fresh W7 install..

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A660 (PSAW9U-056020B)

Probably made for a big-box store or a special order from ToshibaDirect. In any case, the members in the part-number family (PSAW9U) differ only slightly - often just the software.

Compare the specs with this one.

Satellite A660-BT3G25X (PSAW9U-02L020)

You should have no trouble using the downloads from here.

-Jerry
miden

Terrific thanks heaps for that...yeah the suffix number sets sure are confusing!! I guess they are more for internal (Toshiba Company) i.d. more than anything else....

Teknofreak45

Hello, at the moment I lost my warranty, and I would like to know what model I have in order to search around, my part number is: PSK2CU-0H601T, thank you for your help.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Looks like you have an L655. Google your part number for even more info.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite L655 (PSK2CU-0H601T)

The following model in the same part-number family (PSK2CU) will have the same drivers and utilities. They are here.

Satellite L655-S5065 (PSK2CU-00V001)

-Jerry