ange4289

How do I restore a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804 to factory settings?

That's pretty much it. The laptop is running extremely slow and I just want to wipe it clean. I can't find any step-by-step guides online, so any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: How do I restore a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804 to factory settings?

See your User's Guide beginning on  Page 57 for "Hard Drive Recovery Utilities".    A205 User's Guide

You also have a copy on your desktop.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How do I restore a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5804 to factory settings?

Satellite A205-S5804

Notice that in the User's Guide to which CB referred you, the section Hard Drive Recovery Utilities has this.

(Available on certain models)

The spec above for your model does not list the Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator, which means your model probably does not have the necessary recovery image. You can verify that by following the instructions in Toshiba Document ID 98082629.

If that's indeed the case, then the recovery discs accompanied the computer. If you cannot locate them, you can obtain them from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

You would follow the instructions on p.64 of the User's Guide to restore the system from the discs.

-Jerry