Frankyzo

Disable my HDD/SSD password. Toshiba Satellite C655-S5514

Thanks for all responses in advance!  However, a few days ago I changed my "Windows 7" passwords and the next day I forgot it completely.  So I started messing with the F2 set up as my laptop reboot, in hopes of finding a path or something to allow me to get inside my Windows 7 computer again.  I ended up registering my HDD/SSD Passwords and Bios Passwords thinking I can override my Windows 7 password.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  

Eventually, I saw a F9 entry button to allow me to "Reset my laptop back to the Factory settings in hopes of my saved documents being retrieve".  Needless to say, I did recover all my documents from my previous Windows name file that was saved to my C:drive.   

My problem is EVERYTIME I restart my Laptop or Turn it off and back on again I see this ENTER HDD/SSD PASSWORD. I really do hate this setting.  How can I disable this HDD/SSD password thingy or stop it for popping up on every time I reboot, restart.

Peter

Re: Disable my HDD/SSD password. Toshiba Satellite C655-S5514

You should be able to change that in the BIOS setting again by pressing F2 at boot up.

- Peter
Abiola

Re: Disable my HDD/SSD password. Toshiba Satellite C655-S5514

You'll need to know the current password for the HDD to be able to reset it. For the motherboard BIOS password you can reset it merely by pulling out the CMOS battery and draining it to reset it, but the HDD password is stored on a particular sector of the HDD. So, the only real way to reset it would be to replace the hard drive if you don't know the password.

Otherwise, if you know the password and just want to disable it from popping up all the time:
- Boot up the machine and once the Toshiba logo pops up, press "F2" to get into the BIOS.
- Navigate to HDD password option and press "Enter".
- Enter the current password when prompted and press "Enter".
- When prompted for new password, leave blank or enter new password and press "Enter".
- Navigate to "Exit" and "Save All Changes".

The computer will restart and the HDD password should not pop up anymore.