Jeana
Accepted Solution

Can not turn on wireless connection

I have a Toshiba Satellite A215/S4697 and I can not connnect to the internet.  It tells me that my wireless connection button is turned off.  When I FN/F8 it will show me the wireless connection button but it tells me that my wireless connection button is turned off and to turn it on, but I can not figure out how to turn it on.  Help please in laymans terms because I am not computer savy.  Thanks

Frequent Advisor
drev9

Re: Can not turn on wireless connection

Lift up the laptop.  To the left of the SD card reader, there is a hard switch to turn the wireless on and off.  When turned on, an orange LED should light up.

GardiW2

First, look to see if your computer has a physical wireless switch.  It may be on the front, or sides of the body.  If that is not the problem, open the Network and Sharing Center.  In the upper/left click on Change adapter settings and make sure your wireless NIC is enabled.

Jeana

Thank you so much.  I feel like an idiot because I did not see that switch before and could not find anything in the manual. You have made my day.  Thanks again

Frequent Advisor
drev9

No problem.  I have an A215 sitting right beside me that I have been working on, so I took a quick look. 

topher

I have a NB505 Toshiba Netbook and I cant get the F8 wireless key to work and hence can't get wireless connection to router. I have wired connection. When I go to connect to router I put in password but it won't let me connect. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.