Bori

BLUETOOTH IS NOT READY

Can anyone explain why do I get message saying "Bluetooth Is Not Ready" when trying to establish a new connection?  What am I missing or does this Satellite A205-5852 model is missing something that I am not aware of?  Where can I look or do to see if there's something missing causing this message to display when attempting to make a new connection?  When I into Bluetooth settings and set it to ENABLE I got the icon on my tray.  So I am pretty sure I have the hardware and/or software for it.  Any suggestions?

Frequent Advisor

Re: BLUETOOTH IS NOT READY

Bori wrote:

Can anyone explain why do I get message saying "Bluetooth Is Not Ready" when trying to establish a new connection?  What am I missing or does this Satellite A205-5852 model is missing something that I am not aware of?  Where can I look or do to see if there's something missing causing this message to display when attempting to make a new connection?  When I into Bluetooth settings and set it to ENABLE I got the icon on my tray.  So I am pretty sure I have the hardware and/or software for it.  Any suggestions?

The specs for that model make no mention of having Bluetooth hardware standard, and the message you are getting is consistent with not having Bluetooth hardware.  You'll have to add it with a USB adapter, either Toshiba's, or a third party.  Look into a Cirago adapter, as it is significantly smaller than the Toshiba model.