YankeeGeezer

A665-S6085 Freezes

My laptop is just over a year old and I have had this problem since practically new.  If the computer is just sitting idle for an period of time ( usually an hour or more) it will act like it has gone into hibernation or to sleep.  Screen goes black, power button light is on but all other buttons show off.  No way to wake it up.  I have to power down with the power button.  When I restart I getr the "WINDOWS ERROR RECOVERY" screen.

I also get freezing very often when browsing the internet.  I use I.E.  Just will lock up suddenly with website visible but total freeze.  No mouse, no keyboard.  Again I have to power off and re-start.

Sent back to Toshiba once for new hard drive but getting real frustrated with this machine.  Ready to try a different brand.

I use a couple different Toshiba laptops at work and have no similar problem with them.  Seems like I have a lemon.

Peter

Re: A665-S6085 Freezes

Right-click on the battery icon in the notification area and select "Power Options." Next to the selected plan, click "Change plan settings." Then, click "Change advanced power settings." In the new window that opens, expand "Sleep." Change every settings within "Sleep" to "Never."

Does that fix the problem?

- Peter
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A665-S6085

I have had this problem since practically new. .. No way to wake it up. 

Just thought I'd call attention to the Wake on Keyboard setting. If your computer is really sleeping, that makes it easy to resume.

Start > All Programs > Toshiba > Utilities > HWSetup > Keyboard tab

-Jerry
Regular Contributor
Funky1096

Yes i have the same problem with my toshiba laptop two things.

Update the BIOS it might fix your problem.

I.E is unstable switch to a better browser like firefox, nightly, safarie.

laptops- ex satillite l755-s5353 inspiron e1505 desktop dimension 400/300
wcook

I have the same laptop and after dealing with it locking up countless times my wife threatened to throw it out the window.  I tried everything I could think of to fix it but nothing worked.  Bios updates, driver updates, etc..

I talked to some co-workers about the problem and they said it sounded like a heat problem to them.  In a last ditch effort to avoid buying another laptop I bought a cooling pad to test their theory.  I'm happy to report that since I've been using the pad I have had zero lockups in over three months.  This isn't an ideal situation for people who need to travel with their laptop but at least you can get some use out of it at home.  

I'm sure others would work but the pad I bought is a "Cooler Master" pad.  http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2936&product_name=NotePal%20X2

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I bought a cooling pad..

Thanks for that input. First I'd heard of it.

From what I've read here, most often the laptop shuts off when the temperature rises.

-Jerry