Occasional Contributor
visualvalhalla

A665-6055 Cooling System - Failure message

I have had my A665 for a couple months now.  Over the last few days, I'm getting random Win7 messages warning of Cooling Systems Failure - Shut down and return to manufacturer.  The CPU fan runs and the bottom of the laptop doesn't seem to be hotter than usual.  

I've yet to contact Toshiba, but in the event I have to ship the laptop back for repairs, how does does it usually take, and do I need to wipe the Hard drive before shipment?

Thanks

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: A665-6055 Cooling System - Failure message

[ Edited ]

Try installing this and you can monitor the temp of your hardware components.

ftp://ftp.cpuid.com/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.16-setup.exe

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Occasional Contributor
visualvalhalla

Well, the funny thing this that the message is not popping up consistently.  It seems to occur only when I'm on battery and in ECO mode, and only randomly at best. 

pysicist

Hey i been having the same type of problem with the same warning, but it only happens when I play one of my Steam games i had bestbuy look at it and they said that it seems fine is there anything i can do i have an A665-S6050 and i don't know if this helps but i recently updated my BIOS and this problem didn't arise until after i updated my BIOS is there any way the two could be connected?