MadHacker

A505-S6980 Toshiba Service Station

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought this laptop about 2 months ago, so far I like it alot, however I can be a_nal* about anything pc related I have been working with pcs for over 20 years, repairing and ect.

The problem I am having is that the Toshiba Service Station will not work under any circumstances, I have installed and reinstalled, removed all entries in the registry, and still no go anybody have the same problem or a fix for this? Tech support just said to reinstall, or use a restore point. I have done all that, now they feel I should do a full system restore, I am upset by this because I feel there must be another fix for this other than reinstalling win 7 when its still fresh and no need for a reinstall. Only other problem I found is after installing Adobe Photoshop CS4 it made start up a tad slow. Anybody have any ideas?

All startup programs are disabled also now, no difference with Toshiba Service Station :smileysad:

Thank You.

MadHacker

Re: A505-S6980 Toshiba Service Station

no one but me is having this issue, or has a solution? Here is a question does this service station only work by itself meaning, if there are no updates it won't open?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: A505-S6980 Toshiba Service Station

Just uninstall it.  It's basically useless anyway. A much better alternative to Service Station is to go to the Communicate link at the top of this page and click on the Sign Up For Updates link.  Now fill in the model number of the system or systems that you want to keep track of and you will recieve an e-mail whenever there is an update posted for that model.  The service station only alerts you to Critical updates while the Sign Up For Updates will alert you to ALL updates which is much more useful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.