maleficent

A215- Upgrading / Expanding Question

Hi folks. 

New to these forums so please bear with me.

I am the proud owner of a a215 - s7422 model. It has been a great laptop and it is still running strong. I have upgraded my RAM about a year ago and recently upgraded the hard drive. I am still relatively new to computer repair and mods. On the bottom of my laptop, there are three doors. The first two are obvious (Ram & Hard drive) but there is nothing behind door number 3. It looks like it could possibly be an expansion slot, but there are no connectors or adaptors to plug anything into. I have searched extensively on Google for any picture or diagram that would help me figure out what that door is for to no avail. If I search for "doors", many retailers call it a secondary hard drive door, but again, there are no connectors. What mystical item fits behind door number 3 and if you happen to know, is my laptop capable of accepting/upgrading it?

Thank you!

Mal

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: A215- Upgrading / Expanding Question

it is most likely for a second hdd. there are no connectors so it is usless unless you can solder very small parts. you have to remember that they use the same outer casing for all A215's and a few other models. some that come with a second hdd from the factory. that is why the door is there.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
maleficent

Thank you for your reply. I was aware that they use the same chassis for many models but I was hoping against hope I was a lucky one whose door had a purpose. Thank you again for getting back to me!

Mal

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

have you opened it up? you may get lucky and the connector could be there. its worth checking.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.